: ̗̀➛Native Proficiency

Name : Nazwa Rega Tanissa
Student ID : 2223210086
Class : 3A
Course : Academic Speaking 

Native Proficiency
 



    On Monday, we have an online class and we’re talking about “Native Proficiency”. As we know, English has many accents such as : American Accents, British Accents, Australian Accents, Irish Accents, etc. It always amazes me how many different accents there are in quite a small country/ies. They can change in a matter of a mile or two. The US is quite large and we do have many accents but I feel that the difference is actually much more in Britain. Most Brits can do a Boston/New York/Texas accent. I would be hard pressed to distinguish different British accents.

    As an English Education student, I always use American Accents to communicate with each other. Because, in my opinion, American Accents is easier than other accents. American accents can be more understanding even though we’re not a native speakers. But if I should choose between those accents, I prefer to choose the british accents. When I was in the high school, I watched “Harry Potter” and turned out i really love Hermione’s accents which is a British Accents. Also, i watched “Enola Holmes” because the main character use a british accents too. I love the way Hermione and Enola say every words with their british accents. In my opinion, it sounds more interesting and sexy when you’re talking used british. British accents is special. Not only in different pronouncing separate letters, but also in intonation. I just adore it.

                                                     

    To be honest, an accents isn’t a big deal for people who wants to learn English because an accents will come naturally. Accents isn't an issue unless it prevents your listeners from understanding your spoken English. Each accents has their strength and weakness. For me, American accents is quite simple and understanding to non-native speaker. But the british accents, its interesting but its pretty hard to understanding to non-native speaker. I would like to be able to practice my british accents and right now I’m working hard on every part in the process to learn the British Accents but one of my biggest challenges is absolutely pronunciation. But, it's great to learn something new and makes me want to practice more.

 


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

: ̗̀➛ Reflection of Academic Writing 2

: ̗̀➛Summary of Creme and Lea (Page 76-80)

: ̗̀➛ Reflection of Academic Writing (First Meeting)